Sunday, June 14, 2009

Recent Photos...

LIFE IS GOOD!!

We went parasailling while we were in Florida for Chris' conference...this photo got shot up to the beginning...again, apologies for my inablility to blog in an organized manner...

I've been trying to get this posted for a while...I'm having a hard time getting the pics in the order I want them...so please be patient while I figure this out...it might be jumbled, but I'm going to go ahead and post anyway...

Above is a pic of the three girls in their capris, kicking off spring (yes, I know it's summer...I told ya it's taking me a while...)

Here is my gaggle of children on Mother's Day...we had a great day together!!

Here's Mazlyn trying her first bit of ice cream...obviously she is our child...the Cornett sweet tooth prevails!!

Again, sorry for the random order...here is Miss Avynne right before her ballet recital (they asked that she wear makeup, she, of course, was more than happy to oblige!!)

Avynne in first position...she loves ballet!!
Benton and Mazlyn have become inseparable...she is the consumate "baby" of the family--her brother and two sisters, literally and figuratively, cannot get enough of her....

Avynne and her friend, Chloe, hamming it up for the camera...they have become the best of friends!!Here's three of my monkeys, just hangin' around!!






We've tried to get a shot of each of the kiddos in their car seat...here's Miss Mazlyn



Ballet princess!!



I had trouble posting the video...I will try again some other time...here's a shot of her in action until then....




Last week, we were fortunate enough to attend a conference for Chris in Bonita Springs, Florida. While we missed the kiddos very much, we so appreciated the opportunity to spend some grown-up time together! Chris's dad, Larry, came up and stayed with the kids...he did a wonderful job and the kids thoroughly enjoyed their "grandpa time"....I think that they equal Grandpa in their drive to fish...particularly Benton!!
Chris attended some really great meetings and I spent a better part of the days relaxing by the pool!! He did have some slower days and we took advantage of them by partaking in some "traditional" Florida tourist events...
The hotel that we stayed at had it's own island and we road the trolley boat over and checked out the wildlife--dolphins, sea turtle and bird nesting areas...here's me on the way back...obviously enjoying my vacay!!



Here's Chris with the dolphins...we tried to swim up to them, but the currents were too strong...we did get about 10 feet away from them...again, I had trouble with the video...will try again later..



A random pic of Emmersyn and Mazlyn thrown in for good measure!!



And Benton watching Avy's ballet recital...





Above is the kids and me on Mother's day again...we love this bush in our front yard...it has hundreds of rosettes on each branch and is a beautiful spring sight after the long Wisconsin winters!!

Here's Grandpa and Daddy with the kids the night before we left for Florida...
Here's Miss Avynne all geared up for T-ball practice...she wore a football uniform to practice...a sign of the roughness of 4-5 year old T-ball...


Here's the alligator that lived in the lake on the grounds of our hotel....aaagggghhhh!!



Animal Planet meets the Travel channel....



Kickin' our feet up for a while....



One of the pools at the hotel....



The mangrove trees that we took our swampboat ride through...



The view from our room....



Another shot of the dolphin...unbelievable creatures!!



Enjoying the beach with the dolphins splashing in the water...scary truth...in this pic, I am holding together my swimsuit...it broke while we were on the beach (thank goodness no one was in the vicinity)...I only had one suit...we went to the store that night and got another one...not my luck...that one broke as we were getting ready to parasail...thank goodness for the beach rental guy...he gave me two tie straps to fix both suits...they are both still working!! Good fashion design!!



Again, random sorting of the photos (keeps ya on your toes--none of the same pics in a row:P) Our swamp boat ride...we went with a couple who are originally from Nebraska and doing residency at KU...Shane and Melissa were a great, fun couple to hang out with...



Ahh...Corona and the beach...enough said...


We went on the 1200 foot parasail ride...they let out 1200 feet of rope...we were approximately 1000 feet above the ocean...what an absolute thrill!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment